Search This Blog

Jul 26, 2010

Maybe That's Why I'm Single


You're wondering why i'm single
Or maybe you're not
A lot of people think that a woman like myself has a hard time finding a man.
That's not the case.
He will find me.

When I was younger I thought I would settle for a man who loved my personality
and would simply tolerate everything else.
As I walk in my beauty as a woman I just can't see that happening.
Now when I stand in front of a man I have to know he wants all of me
I have to know he sees me and my mystery
I want to want him
I have a need to need him
Is that crazy?
Maybe i'm too intense.
Maybe that's why I am single

Superficial love and romance only make me hungry
They make me hungry for things like substance, good advice and sincerity
I crave clarity
I lust for integrity
And maybe that's why i'm single.

Even though they say "You can't have your cake and eat it too"
I still want the w h o l e d a m cake!
And if it's real good I want to get to know that cake maker
Get his number and save it for a rainy day
And maybe that's why i'm single

Sometimes i'm a glutton for good things
There is somebody
Someone special who makes me regress
So lovely
I want to find myself drawing hearts on my notes in class
Writing his name across my binder
But i'm single

I can't stand labels
I hate labels
I dodge expectations and potential let downs
It's way more more than complicated
People have all these questions
"When are you going to get married?"
"When are you going to have a baby?"
"Why are you single?"
Cause I am ...DAM!

I'm single for the same reason why the sky is blue and the grass is green
I'm single because I refuse to defy myself by anything or anybody
I'm single and I don't FEEL like I want to mingle
I'm single baby.
I'm single.

*I did not write this nor do I own rights to this. This is NOT my original piece. Please check out JerVae on Youtube. Take look at this video where my inspiration came from! I love her other videos too! The only thing I did was alter the content a bit to better suite my needs, and my particular situation. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment