Search This Blog

Jul 1, 2010

Still Considered A "PLUS" Model??

So I was skimming through my Facebook feed and came across a picture of Crystal Renn that was on the 'Ford Models' blog. I didn't believe it was her at first. I literally had to do a double take.

She is significantly thinner and in my opinion NOT Plus Size anymore. 


I know that we should start taking models out of categories such as "Straight Size" or "Plus Size" and just referring to them as just plain ol' "Models" but since that isn't happening any time soon we can all kind of agree that she is no longer Plus. Right?

Take a look and see for yourself what I mean....


Fashion For Passion
is a non profit, utilizing the creativity of the fashion
industry to create support and funds for children in the arts and music.


I sure don't want to make any assumptions or possibly even start any rumors but I really hope for her safety that she hasn't relapsed back into her old ways of an unhealthy eating habits.

Even though Crystal Renn is skinnier I think she is still one of the baddest bitches in the modeling game! She is gorgeous and I will always admire this girl. Wishing her nothing but the best!

So...
What do YOU think?

5 comments:

  1. Wow...how old is this pic? That's how she used to look before she became a plus size model. She's such a beauty regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of message would we be sending to young girls (and grown women) if we called THIS plus size?? GREAT Model, but no she is no longer Plus Size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's SO beautifull - but if that is a new photo. I dont think she has the right to call herself puls size any longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the two people above me. Renn is beautiful, she always has been and always will be, but she is no longer a plus size model.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There has been a blog post by the photographer himself over these image. Its all about the wide angle lens that he shot with, it elongates whatever is being photographed.

    A size 10 is still considered plus by the industry standards. I myself would like to be a 12 as i'd get more work.

    ReplyDelete