Search This Blog

May 8, 2010

My Crystal Renn Painting - A Dedication To Donna


My Aunt Donna was diagnosed with Breast Cancer about 2 years ago. Due to religious beliefs she decided to go the Holistic route for treatment. Sadly after a long battle she is losing her fight with this disease. It's been a long road for her and the family but she is resting comfortably surrounded by family and friends. We don't know how much longer she has but the prognosis is bad and the Doctor doesn't give her a lot of time.

I recently went down to Tennessee to visit my Aunt. She requested to see the family to spend some quality time before passing on. Luckily she has come to terms with her results and she is at peace with the situation. No body is every 100% ready to be taken from this Earth however with the comfort of her family and her strong belief in God, and his word ... somehow, someway she is ok with everything. She is a strong woman and I truly look up to her.

I started this painting late last year for her. This painting is of Plus Size Model Crystal Renn. This particular picture is from 'The Breast Cancer Research Foundation' advertisement that has been recently printed in a lot of popular Women's magazines. This painting really spoke to me. My favorite model is Crystal Renn and my Aunt has Breast Cancer. I dedicated the painting to her and she now has it hanging beside her bed to look up at everyday.

I thought I'd share this with everyone since I am very proud of this piece. Not only am I proud of this painting but it has a lot of meaning behind it as well. The following slideshow is a "timeline" from sketch to the final product.

Hope you all love it as much as I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment