Search This Blog

Mar 23, 2010

TREND ALERT: Shoulder Accessories/Embellishments

Shoulder accessories and embellishments are definitely the new "IT" thing for this Spring!

 They’ve been spotted all over magazines and popping up everywhere you look. They have even been seen on some celebrities like Brandon Flowers (from 'The Killers'), Natalie Portman and last but not lease....our favorite 'Honey B' a.k.a Beyonce in Lady Gaga’s newest music video entitled 'Telephone'.

This new trend can be worn atop of tunics, blazers, t-shirts, even on with a strapless pieces for a fun, dramatic and edgy look. Sometimes you can even find pieces with the embellishment already sewn on the fabric. This is really a fun look and I myself just recently bought a tunic to the same effect of this trend.
How do you feel about this trend? Love it, or hate it?

2 comments:

  1. I've been noticing these too! I saw them on a top that Gabi from YFF was wearing! Love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like them too. It adds just enough to the outfit where it doesn't looks too "overdone". I have one already but would really like to try to make one myself. Shouldn't be too hard. lol

    ReplyDelete